Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Youth Day





Today is 16 June and in South Africa we're celebrating Youth Day. A day on which we celebrate the youthful spirit of South Africans - in commemoration of Hector Peterson (and other school children) who was tragically killed during the Soweto protests (against apartheid government) on 16 June 1976. Taking something bad, and turning it around to celebrate what we've learnt from our mistakes, is an amazing spirit to have. And no one does this better than us, South Africans! Even more reason to stand up and face the day. Challenges will surround us everyday, but bringing a positive spirit to your life, and those around you, will most certainly give your soul a chance to smile! Now, do something good, or just nice, to someone that you don't know, TODAY. A small gesture to you, might be a huge privilege and gift to someone else. We have too many things to be grateful for, and I'm definitely very blessed in my life. On this Youth Day, in South Africa, I'd like to say Thank You, to everyone that's inspired me, cared for me, loved me, helped me, and that stayed by my side, no matter what - like my wonderful parents, and my brother. And to the people that I will still love in the future, I'm here to make a difference too!
Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment