Friday, May 8, 2009

Weekend Plans???


What to do in Joburg over the weekend?  Normally, my week ends on a Friday evening in studio with our TV show "MK LIVE" (which I produce & direct).  And in most cases I take it easy, and party on the Saturday.  The popular thing to do is arrange a braai or games evening (my best friends & I, some girls, etc) and enjoy it with good wine, or, in most cases for me, whiskey on the rocks, thank you!   ;)   However, in the city of Johannesburg I don't take a 'drive-out' like I would do if I was living in Cape Town.  Here we enjoy the aroma & atmosphere of coffee shops on a Saturday morning for brunch.  Followed by shopping. Or bookshops. Or CD shops (my favourite!) I hate busy shopping malls though, so I stay clear of them in peak times.  In fact, if I could buy all my stuff(s) from a colourful catalogue, that would be so much more of a breeze, lol!  In winter, DVDs at home, with soup, bread & hot chocolate (and hopefully a sexy girl in my case to cuddle up with!).   But still, what do you actually do in JHB, over the weekend?  I have friends that 'drive-out' at least once a month, but they stay somewhere outside the city.  A simple town such as "Parys" caters for a wide variety of interests, I hear(?) In my dream world I would go car shopping every now & again.  Geez.... cars, cars, cars! I always get excited with new launches, even if it's as mediocre as the new Golf, or as massively important as the new BMW 7 Series.  Boring to some, AWESOME news to me!!
This weekend, I hear, there's a new club launching in Northgate (in the space where Party House used to be?) called "JET."   Perhaps I should drop by?  LOL.  Weekend plans??!!   For me, a good balance of rest and party time is the best recipe.  On Monday I don't wanna look & feel like a hippo that couldn't find any water in the Kruger National Game Reserve!
Happy weekend ya'll !!! :) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment