Thursday, April 30, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane ...


Wow, it's been a rather relaxed month, with so many public holidays, what a pleasure! haha! 
But in the back of my mind I'm 'day dreaming' again and wondering how life would be in a different city, in another country.  Say, New York, or Los Angeles, or London?  Those are probably my top 3 cities, especially working as a TV producer/model/presenter, etc.  However, sometimes things happen and make us stay (and perhaps stagnate) in one place.  Most people are comfortable staying in one place for the majority of their lives.  And, I think, I'm one of them.   Does a place really make you stay there, or is it actually the people?  When I studied in Grahamstown (Eastern Cape, South Africa), I thought of staying there for a long time.  The reason being, I had such a great group of friends, and we had the best time!  As soon as we graduated, and most of them started leaving, the town became dull and uninteresting.  I missed my friends, and I wanted to leave immediately.  Now, I'm getting that same longing again.  That sense of needing change, in order to find fulfillment.  Question is, am I just looking for greener pastures and hoping the world will be prettier and nicer somewhere far away?  The experienced and romantics have told me, my dear, life is not always better on the other side of the fence. And running away from problems or challenges don't help either!
However, a change challenges the mind & body, and often makes us so much stronger!  I will most certainly consider my change... perhaps I need it.  Right now I feel a little unsure, uninspired, lost/lonely, and directionless.  Will a change, a move to another country change this? Really?  I'll have to consider very, very carefully!  :(



1 comment: