Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Finding the turn

It's a message I got this morning and one that inspires me to face each day with a heart full of gratitude. And, the greatest achievers, most successful business leaders, movie stars and entrepreneurs concur - when you think it's the end of the road, it's actually just a turn that you need to take.
It has been a rough year for me. Partly, due to my own inability to cope with a changing environment - which is the definition of stress. I have been too emotional and stubborn. I did not find the balance, and I have beaten myself up over minuscule issues. I have blamed people unnecessarily instead of clearing up my own insecurities. But I have also worked hard at being a good friend, producing better work, and searching my soul for ways to help other people.
I appreciate rough times, since I have learnt that challenges are there to provide us with tools and lessons to be better equipped for the future.
Some people do not understand good advice, and perhaps will reject your friendship, or feel different towards you, yet through real love we can take comfort in the fact that being a good friend often means challenging someone.

It's that time of the year where we can look back, and take stock. I truly believe that in every negative lies a positive. We just need to learn how to find it. Every year has its share of bad times and good times. When things go horrible, we forget the good moments. We focus on the negative and forget that finding a solution will actually create a positive. Expecting it to happen is not a solution. The same goes with people we detest. When you balance the negative attributes out with positive ones, you'll soon find that it's really not that bad. And gone are all those feelings of irritation, hatred, disappointment and/or sadness.
Keeping my chin up - I have a lot to be grateful for!
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment