Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back at work!

We went cray fishing and spent lots of time on the beach (and reading, reading, reading). It's something I thoroughly enjoy while on holiday. It's a great way to relax.
In life, the positive has to be balanced with the negative. Such is life. From the minute I arrived in Jhb things started feeling negative - the weather was awful, my shuttle took almost an hour to fetch me from the airport, once home, my car suddenly had engine problems, and there was no food in my fridge (and most shops were already closed). Uhuhm, this morning at gym, I find that my membership has been cancelled - indefinitely! Gosh. Apparently my medical aid-benefit no longer offers this service - they didn't even notify me. Lol. On top of that, I received a call from a friend who told me that journalists are investigating some rumours about me secretly seeing someone's wife! Unbelievable. Journalists with no better jobs than to fabricate rumours about people and spread it as gossip. But wait, there's more. At the office this morning I discovered my comfy desk in the corner, with a window, has been reserved for someone else, and I am moved to a dingy corner at the back of the room. Great. :( Urrrgghhh!!
Oh How I miss my family now, my holiday; how wonderful and calm everything was!
But I swear, I won't let these hurdles get me down! I am confident and intelligent enough to understand the balance of the universe, also, that we have to fight for our rights, work hard at achieving those goals (whether it means to change jobs/towns/houses/friends, etc)
I want to do good, and be a happy soul, because I know that underneath all the negative aspects the positive lies nestled away - just gotta open my eyes to see it!!!
Hope you have a blessed 2010. I wanna work hard at having one as well. :)
Images: Below left, our baby Boerboel dog, 'Simba,' chilling out on the verandah, overlooking the beautiful view from our beach house; below right, the final sunset of 2009! Awesome view!!

No comments:

Post a Comment