Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Getting out of that ...miserable mindset!


Welcome to another rainy day in northern Johannesburg. Apparently part of this province, and city, have received more than half of their entire annual rainfall. Hectic. I never complain about rain in this country, since we don't really get a lot of rain here; though after 2 months of almost non-stop rain, it seems a little unfair to the southern/eastern parts of our country where a serious drought is taking place. Which made me think how 'life' often deals so-called 'unfair' cards to some, and 'always great cards' to others. (At least, in some people's mindsets that is). And I have learnt, and I'm constantly learning, that you need to change your mindset. Easier said than done. See, in order to understand any negative situation, I always ask myself the imperative questions:
1. What do I have? (literally, count your blessings - health? job? goals? dreams? anything?)
2. What can I do TODAY in order to change my situation?
(- if it's work related - find a job, any job, sweep the streets, damn, just get an income. But I'm sure you'd do better than being a street sweeper! Of course - align your the things you do with the things you want out of life)
3. Do I have a plan for my life?

Those are my questions for my most depressing moments in life. If you don't want to answer those questions, and start to wonder for hope, then you really have no excuse. The world has nothing against you, yet it's not going to spoon-feed you either. In fact, the moment you have a plan and know where you're going, with the combined purpose of serving others, and bringing something better to the world, this world will actually start to provide with opportunities, plenty of them. And more reasons to wake up, and be a happier soul!
I stumble across negative people everyday. And, admittedly, I end up being frustrated and upset too. Thought it's really pointless focusing on that. Have a plan for an outcome then... And act on it. Daily. It's a challenge, and it takes discipline. At first, it won't be easy. Just be disciplined.

**On another note, a very good friend of mine pointed out a book that he bought for gym. It's one of the best I've seen and illustrates in great detail how to train every single muscle group in your body. It's worth a look. The British publishing house, Dorling Kindersley (DK) distributes the book. For a write-up check out their website, under Health & Fitness:

No comments:

Post a Comment