Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Good days go with bad days...

Being insecure and unsure of your own strengths can have a devastating effect on your emotions, your work, your creative output, and even your health. It is clearly a slow week for me at the gym - which is frustrating in itself. You get good days, and really bad days. So far I have been sluggish, feeling lethargic and not motivated at all. Is it the flu? Or perhaps my brain is just fried after a year of really hectic working hours! I have most certainly learnt a lot this year, and gained more experience in my field of TV production. Achievements come in slow when you are still trying to climb the ladder. One day, I know, I will get there too! When you reach November and the road seems a little deserted (as if the year went by without anything great that happened) it is not really the most welcoming feeling to greet December, and the Festive period. Is my blood sugar very low today? Dunno. Lol. I know one has to be inspired by the successes of other people, but when it just feels so damn hard to break out, geez, then it kills the spirit. For real. You start doubting yourself, your strengths, your path, your motivation. I read about problems being opportunities to grow; that we should see challenging times as a contest to win, and that each of us have so much potential, that we simply can't waste time to sit down and cry. The latter being inevitable. Boys also cry. So, I gotta face the day, stay focused on those goals written down on a scrappy piece of paper, dry my eyes and look ahead. It won't be easy. Success might not happen today. Perhaps for others close to you, but don't be discouraged. Find the strength inside your heart, it's there, and keep pushing the big block of concrete ahead. It will move. It has to.
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment