Thursday, November 26, 2009

The 4-hour workweek!!


(Pic on left from gym this morning - for now, maintaining, keeping the lines in shape and eating right. Bulking up will be my challenge when work's taken care of by end Nov. I will not stop training though!)*

Now, I have to share my thoughts on a blog that I recently discovered. From the author of the New York Times bestseller book, "The 4-Hour Workweek," Tim Ferriss writes about productive/healthy lifestyle designs. I don't really like 'self-help' books, though one can never learn enough from those that have achieved success. Ferriss often highlights the tricks of the trade when it comes to being more efficient. For example, not wasting time on emails, and checking these at specific times in your day (only). Also, being on Facebook has proven to be one of the biggest sources of distraction for most people at the office. It's even said to slowdown brain activity. Hectic. Creative and productive work etiquette is about working with a schedule, and filling each hour of your day. You need to have a tempo. This way you'll find that there is actually plenty time in the day to get work done, and soon enough you'll find that you might find more time for extra tasks. There is a comment on the blog that Ferriss writes, "if you are really effective at what you do, 95% of the things said about you will be negative. Keep your head on straight, don't get emotional, take the heat, and just make sure your clients are smiling." It's all about striking the balance and managing it correctly. I think it's an acquired skill, and you need to hone it.

*On another note, I did a photoshoot last night for Christmas wallpapers/screensavers - which will be available to download from local mobile wap/websites. Have a lookout for that. Once I have a sample that's cleared, I will post it here. Complete with Santa hoodie (though dressed in matching red-underwear only, lol) and some Xmas deco draped around me. Funny stuff, ah well.
Have a blessed day!!!

Check out: www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog >>>

No comments:

Post a Comment