Sunday, March 14, 2010

Writing your Mission Statement

It has been a tumultuous time for me: disorderly, confused, excited, unsure, etc. I have greeted friends goodbye, some, forever, and another, only away for a little while. Nevertheless, I have realized how much of myself I have poured into those relationships/friendships where the support came mostly from me. Where the thoughts and passion shifted from my own personal goals, to helping others get to theirs. It is warm-hearted and I enjoy being a supporting pillar. It is, unfortunately, a recipe for self-destruction, and, once stuck, it feels like a dark, bottomless pit that's really hard to get out of. And I haven't seen the light, yet.
An intelligent artist once said that clever people always have doubt. So, no vote of confidence for us with brains = 'tumultuous' is the word. Lol.
Writing down your mission statement will help. Or, it's a good start. It's my self-therapy course. I have to write down everything that's on my mind, to bring my strategy into perspective. It helps to balance out the negative, unhappy, depressing and lonely emotions I have. Those weak moments where you hate yourself, feel insecure, insignificant, unsure, lost, not worthy of success, and very, very depressed.
Your mission statement is... your mission in life, in words. Where do you feel most secure & happy? What makes you feel good about life? Write this down. Then you have to find the balance between where you are now (daily duties/ your current job/current circumstances) and brainstorm some ideas of how you could possibly change some aspects, to get on track, and in-line with your mission statement.
Remember: do NOT live someone else's dream / do NOT doubt yourself by comparing your attributes to others and feeling insecure / do NOT give up hope / I repeat, do NOT give up! //
Your strengths will NOT be the same as others, and you have to focus on yours only. And even if you offer something that is slightly similar to that of others, find your niche, and branch-out on that.
*Let's drink to the possibility of achieving success and never stop believing, and working for it.
Be blessed!
//Pic attached is one of my all-time favourites. Taken with our family dog, "Simba" at a Cape Town beach. Miss my family too much today. XX


No comments:

Post a Comment