Monday, March 22, 2010

Where the sun rises


One morning, when next you have this chance again, try and be somewhere quiet and early, where you can see the sun rise. In that moment, think about everything that you have - from the most obvious like your health, friends, family, etc, to where you are in life. Dig into your heart, and find what it is that you enjoy so much that you can't live without - the job, the people, the passions, etc THEN stay still, and watch the sunrise. Let it be. And let the moment unfold while you sit still and have your mind wander. You should leave there and have peace in your heart & mind, that most things will unfold naturally, just like that sunrise, in the way nature intends it. If you let it be. If you don't force it, and if you don't become paranoid and insecure. Be confidant in your ability to be the person that you were shaped to be. You were made with a plan in mind, there is a direction, and that direction is towards your ultimate purpose in life. And, I've found, the path on which we travel through life will be outlined for you. It will nudge you into the right direction, ever so gently, though, often, in a rather harsh manner. Still, it's like the sunrise, it's unfolding and will take its course, naturally, the way it's intended to do. Slowly, but surely. Now, let your soul guide you and don't panic when you get stuck and feel that you should "take control" and become a paranoid driver.

*Yesterday I woke up with the sight of a flat wheel on my car. No spare, and a Sunday morning, no one around or willing to help me. I managed to get some air pumped into it, and drove to the nearest garage. From there I called the AA and attempted to find someone that could fix the puncture in the tyre. No luck. Driving a VW, I called VW Alert, who put me in touch with a company that was about 100km from where I live, that could possibly fix the puncture for me. I ensured the punctured tyre had enough air, and drove to this company's premises - on the other side of town! Came there, and, mistakenly let them take off the wrong tyre to check.
(I only realized this the next day !) Still, had to pay R300 for them to 'help' me. Even though nothing was done!
Drove to friends for lunch, and felt angry that the problem suddenly just disappeared. Meanwhile, the actual faulty tyre carried on losing air. I spent the whole afternoon with my friends, drove back home at night, and went to bed. The following morning I checked my wheels and saw that my tyre was half-flat again. Luckily it wasn't completely flat. This is when I realized the wrong tyre was checked the previous day. (Doh!)
I went to the nearest filling station and the attendant there noticed a nail in the tyre, and alerted me to the puncture. I said that I'm aware of it, and really not sure where to get it fixed, since, today, is a Public Holiday!! He then told me, nonchalantly, that there is a garage just around the corner that could fix my puncture for R25! Huh?!! So, around the corner from my house they fixed my tyre, and it was all good again. Damn. If only I didn't panic the previous day, and just believed that I would find the solution to this. And it was right there! LOL.

Hope you'll have a blessed day. Be calm in your heart. Best advice, and RealTalk!!
**Pic courtesy Werner Prinsloo/ Nineteen86 Photography (c) And taken during an underwear shoot in 2009. It's an outtake that hasn't been published anywhere before. // :)

No comments:

Post a Comment